- Never use disinfectants to clean a refrigerator. The food inside will pick up the taste and odor of the cleaning solution. Warm soapy water works well and is a less harmful choice.
- For odors coming from the garbage disposal, drop a bunch of ice cubes and a cup of vinegar in it. Run for a minute or so. The ice will scour the blades to get rid of stuck-on stuff, and the vinegar will kill germs.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will clean up any crayon, scuffs, or messes on your walls without needing to repaint!
- CLR for bathrooms and kitchens will is a surefire way to deep clean grout and grim as well as any deposit build up on faucets and shower heads.
- Phones, switch plates and doorknobs get dirty and grimy on a regular basis. To clean them quickly, just put a little rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth and wipe. It cleans and disinfects all of those areas in no time.
- Use newspapers to clean the windows of your house. The ink is a polishing agent that won’t streak.
To freshen the air in your home, put a few drops of lemon juice or essential oil in your vacuum bag when you change it. The fresh smell will spread throughout the house when you vacuum.
Most common causes of flooding
- When snow thaws, some homeowners face floods every spring.
- Rain can also force debris, like leaves and garbage, into drainage systems, causing blockages, water backups and large water formations that can creep into lawns and basements through bilco doors, egress windows, or foundation block. Regularly check your sump pump for proper function and also include a battery back-up. Consult a professional if you need your foundation sealed, maintain clear gutters, or talk to a landscaper if water pools in your yard.